Posts Tagged cyberbullying
Today, President Obama hosted his first-ever Facebook Town Hall. Hosted on the White House Facebook page, Obama discussed the economy, recovery funds, and answered questions that people submitted directly to the Facebook wall as well as to Whitehouse.gov.
Over 25,000 people RSVPed for the event. Today, the Facebook page goes directly to the Townhall tab. Interestingly, the page has nearly one million fans. I wonder how many would have RSVPed if the page had invited all of its fans?
I was quite glad to hear that President Obama would continue to innovate and find ways to communicate with new audiences. Even though many still think of Facebook as a site for young people, the numbers say that the average age of a Facebook user is age 38, and then the even-older demographic is the fastest growing group.
This is not the first time that Facebook and the White House have joined together to make a splash. Last month, they promoted a PSA about the importance of fighting cyberbullying on exclusively Facebook in order to raise awareness of the White House Conference on Bullying Prevention.
Now that social media is so clearly essential to campaigning (especially versus Obama), I am quite interested to see how his competitors will use it. I think that if they don’t integrate digital into each and every piece of their campaign, they will find it difficult to compete with a group who has it ingrained into its strategy.
If you’re especially interested in the topic, I would suggested this Wall Street Journal article: Facebook Seeking Friends in Beltway.
- @AirCanada who can I contact about terrible customer service from your lost-baggage-delivery-people? Just had awful interaction w your team. 2 weeks ago
- When your boss brings you a present back from vacation 🙌🏻 Does anyone have a @getRocketbook Wave smart notebook? https://t.co/zMGFjhowcK 1 month ago
- @lwalens Amazing 1 month ago
- RT @RepLynnJenkins: This is not okay. As a female in politics I am often criticized for my looks. We should be working to empower women. ht… 2 months ago
- New post on LinkedIn: "Increasing Farmers’ Yields and Feeding the World with Agricultural and #IoT Technologies" linkedin.com/pulse/increasi… 3 months ago
Tag Cloud9/11 african dance allison h fine amazon american university animoto barack obama best buy beth kanter blog book review brian solis burton campaign case studies chris anderson conversation prism crowdsourcing cyberbullying death by powerpoint dr. rosenblatt election engage! facebook follow friday foursquare friendfeed frogloop Google google adwords groundswell hais head internet itunes J.C. Penney long tail mad river glen marketing Mashable meatless monday meetup.com metrics mobile my tweeple networked nonprofit park city passion pit planned parenthood politics prezi reputation.com scott brown search engine optimization SEO ski industry skiing slideshare social change social media surfrider foundation the long tail the new york times town hall twitter twtvite us ski team video wall street journal white house wikileaks winograd wired women youtube
Search my blog…